[time-nuts] PRS-10 Warm-up Time, Calibrating/Adjusting, and long-term poweron

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 8 10:35:31 UTC 2019

> 1) Assuming the PRS-10 has been off for a long time, how long should I plan
> on leaving this on for the 10Mhz to stabilize?   I see the longest warmup
> time on the spec-sheet is 7 minutes -  although this seems a lot shorter than
> I'd likely use in real life,  I'm also not sure if there's much benefit to an
> excessively longer warmup time (like days), would like opinions on this.

Run the experiment.  Collect some data from your GPS/PPS signals.  Assume the
GPS is correct and back compute the PRS-10 frequency.  After you get
everything sorted out, turn the PRS-10 off for a day, then collect data when
you turn it back on and collect more data.  After it has warmed up, the
frequency will be stable.  Look on your graph back toward the turnon time.
Where can you see that the frequency differs from the stable value?  It's
warmed up a bit past that.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.