[time-nuts] PRS-10 Warm-up Time, Calibrating/Adjusting, and long-term poweron

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 9 18:20:07 UTC 2019

Lately I have been doing these measurements on several timing receivers using Lady Heather and a TAPR TICC.   I am adding the ability to Lady Heather to apply the receiver's sawtooth correction value to the receiver's measured PPS signal to create a more precise "software clock:.

Attached are some measurements of a Thunderbolt PPS output.   99% of the PPS pulses are within +/- 900 picoseconds of their nominal 1 second interval with the max errors being -1.27 nsec and +1.13 nsec.  In the .gif file the magenta plot is the PPS measurement (expressed as a time interval error from 1.000 seconds),  the cyan plot is the PPS phase,  and the yellow plot is the PPS histogram.  The bin distribution looks a bit funky because the histogram bins are around 2 psec wide but rhe TICC resolution is around 60 psec.