[time-nuts] Accuracy/drift of Garmin GPS 16 HVS 1 PPS output under invalid fix conditions...

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Mar 12 23:35:22 UTC 2019

Hi

Maybe if we keep the thread alive long enough *somebody* will measure a GPS 16 simply to get rid of us :)

What if you put an accurate clock on the micro that feeds the AND gate ( yes, the one we threw out last message).
Let it “flywheel” (= produce it’s own 1 ms accurate pulse) when the GPS goes away. Windows may have trouble
with 1 ms sort of stuff. Micros don’t have much trouble in that regard.

More or less “substitute” the output of an oscillator you know is good to << 1 ms over 15 minutes when you need it.

Bob