[time-nuts] Accuracy/drift of Garmin GPS 16 HVS 1 PPS output under invalid fix conditions...

Steve Olney t0502 at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 13 10:21:25 UTC 2019

Hi Taka-san,

On 13/03/2019 2:57 pm, Taka Kamiya via time-nuts wrote:
> I vaguely recall, with LVS, when lock is lost, PPS was gone, too.

In the 16 HVS there is an option called "PPS Auto Off Mode". When
enabled the PPS output stops when GPS lock is lost.   When disabled the
PPS output is always there - whether there is a valid fix or not -
presumably free-wheeling.  It is this free-wheeling accuracy that I want
to know about in quantitative terms.

Cheers

Steve