[time-nuts] statistical distribution of initial frequency error in tcxos

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Mar 14 00:30:17 UTC 2019

Hi

If you have something in the 100’s of these “up there” with things like doppler / temperature /
radiation / and aging all involved ….. how different do they need to be in order for the initial
delta frequency to be useful / good enough ?

I can see a pretty good argument that something past the “couple of ppm” might be needed.
On a hundred devices that comes out to a pretty big spread.

Bob