[time-nuts] inexpensive fiber optic distribution

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 13:10:51 UTC 2019

I wondered when the conversion factor noise was going to show up in the
conversation. I had asked time-nuts about this a long time ago. I was
experimenting with optical isolation since lightning seems to be my friend.
Ended up with minicircuit transformers and cable. Later discovered an HP
article something like 1987 that showed how to do the conversion with the
optical units of the time. I did tinker with SFPs and it was painful due to
the connectors. So seeing the nice boards that have been made was great and
just maybe enough to get me to make a set of boards to experiment with
again.
Great thread.
Regards
Paul