[time-nuts] multimeter

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Mar 23 15:17:06 UTC 2019

Hi Jim:

Fluke Brand.
https://www.prc68.com/I/DMM.shtml
It also depends on what you want to use it for.
The Fluke "V-Check", like in the model 12, adds a resistor in parallel with the voltage input.  It turns out that's a
great thing to do, like when measuring the voltage at a lawn sprinkler valve that should be on that that shows the
correct voltage on a high impedance meter, but shows (correctly) zero on the model 12 with V-check on.

Most of the Fluke meters have a reputation of surviving plugging them into the wall socket on Ohms mode although I
haven't done that.
The Diode test current is regulated at 1.0 mA which I really like.

And to maintain the Time Nuts content the Fluke 87 V has a frequency meter that I have used on a number of occasions.
https://www.prc68.com/I/TuningForks.html#Testing

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
https://www.PRC68.com
axioms:
1. The extent to which you can fix or improve something will be limited by how well you understand how it works.
2. Everybody, with no exceptions, holds false beliefs.