[time-nuts] multimeter

Bob Albert bob91343 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 16:53:31 UTC 2019

 It depends on what kind of measurements you make.  I have many voltmeters and use what is appropriate for the task.  I can measure very accurately if necessary.  My spectrum analyzers are great rf voltmeters.  I have some of the Harbor Freight cheapies that are handy for many occasional uses.  I have an old Radio Schlock VOM that is almost indispensable, and a Simpson 260 and a Triplett 630-NA.  I even have an antique digital voltmeter, five digit.
Judging from the brevity of your request, I will assume you just want to make the occasional measurement.  The Harbor Freight units are a good choice except they only have a 1 Megohm input resistance on dc, and only go up to about 2 Meg on resistance if I recall correctly.  Maybe 20 meg.  They won't measure ac current but they do have semiconductor tests and a battery test position.  If I needed just one, I'd look at the Fluke 87 or some of its variants.
The worst part of all these is the need to replace batteries now and then or risk damage from corrosion.
Bob