[time-nuts] multimeter

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 23 22:01:26 UTC 2019

jim77742 at gmail.com said:
> I think I'm in the market for a new digital multimeter.
> Could I have some recommendations?

The probes can be as important as the meter.

The typical Fluke handheld comes with probes that are safe for working around
wall power.  There is probably some official spec.  The cables are happy at
600 volts or something in that range.  The Amp mode has a fuse.  ...  All good
stuff, but probably not interesting when running in time-nut mode.

If I'm trying to measure a voltage on a board full of modern electronics, I
want sharp, tiny tips on the probes.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.