[time-nuts] Oscillator Aging Trends

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Mar 25 20:55:39 UTC 2019

On 3/25/19 3:08 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> Very nice plots and some useful information. At some point the question becomes
> what the 8607 is doing. Both are seeing changes in temperature (and pressure).
> Eventually that will get into the picture. From the plots so far …. not so much yet.

The 8607 is believed to be an order of magnitude or so better at this
point, but I'm doing a measurement of the 8600 vs. 5065A to make sure.
Since I'm looking at relative drift here, as long as the 8607 aging rate
is stable, it shouldn't interfere with the take-away.

> Will we be getting weekly updates for the next couple years? :)

Nope, the 8600 is just a temporary guest. :-(

John