[time-nuts] NAVICOM RCGD-M GPSDO

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 31 20:36:38 UTC 2019

I got in the GPSDO from China.  It looks nice, but I have not tried firing it up yet.  I have no other info on this GPSDO.   Here is what the seller has found out.  This GPSDO has two 10 MHz SMA connectors and a MMCX (?) antenna connector.  It has a 2007 date etched on a PCB.  I suspect some of those pins (probably on CON4) has a "management" interface where you can config and monitor the GPSDO, but it does not send data unless polled.  Whatever language it speaks is unknown... no documentation.   My best guess is it may be like the TL1 stuff like the Star4 and NEC GPSDOs... maybe on CON4 15 .. 18.

Signal connectors for  NAVICOM RCGD-M GPSDO:

CON5:
PIN1: 10MHz output, LVTTL
PIN2-6,10: Unknown
PIN7-8,11,15: should be output, connect to FPGA, LVTTL
PIN13,16-18: should be input, connect to FPGA, LVTTL
PIN12,14: 39.32MHz clock signal output,LVTTL
PIN9: 1PPS output
PIN19-20: power ground

CON4:
PIN1: 1Hz 50% duty cycle output
PIN2: 1Hz 23% duty cycle output
PIN3-4,6-12:  unknown
PIN5: TXD(TOD?)
PIN13-14: +12V 1A power supply input
PIN15: should be output, connect to FPGA, LVTTL
PIN16-18: should be input, connect to FPGA, LVTTL
PIN19-20: GND, power ground

 CON8 (connects two boards together)
PIN7: 1PPS signal from GPS receiver
PIN9: RXD signal from GPS receiver, LVTTL
PIN11: TXD signal from GPS receiver, LVTTL, Baud rate 9600, 8-bits, no parity
connect the TXD to PC via RS232<-> UART Adapter, and we have been used Lady Heather that configures as MOTO receiver to monitor the status of this GPSDO.