[time-nuts] Rubidium Cells for Sale ?!

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue May 7 21:40:30 UTC 2019

On 5/7/19 2:16 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> Well, given the price, running it in a thermal-vac chamber would not significantly increase
> the charges to your credit card :)

But perhaps Poul-Henning was thinking about the gravitational force.
So you could buy two, and drop them alternately down a pair of evacuated
drop towers.

I did notice that the temperature range is quite small for flight
hardware (typical design range might be -10 to +55) - but then, they're
mounted in a fairly large satellite and that's basically putting the
thermal engineering responsibility on the satellite bus engineers.
Holding within 5 degrees nominal is fairly straightforward

it's people wanting to hold milliKelvins that are the ones making trouble.