[time-nuts] Raspberry Pi TCXO Hat

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Nov 2 21:44:19 UTC 2019

artgodwin at gmail.com said:
> Also - I'm unsure of the benefit of having a TCXO for the ethernet clock
> unless it runs so hot that ethernet can't sync using the usual uncompensated
> crystal. Is there some benefit I'm not seeing ?

I had similar thoughts.

One could imagine using Ethernet to distribute a clock Just tap off the
post-PLL receive clock.  For that to make sense, you would need to start with
something like a GPSDO rather than a TCXO.

Maybe you could measure the local transmit clock and send that to the receive
side.  I don't see how to make that work rock-solid.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.