[time-nuts] GPS SV74/PRN04 now trackable...

J Grizzard elfchief-timenuts at lupine.org
Sun Nov 3 03:00:33 UTC 2019

Since I figure several people here will be interested, I thought I'd
note that the first of the new GPS Block III satellites (SV74, launched
last December) has been assigned PRN04, and is now transmitting the L1
ranging code and valid LNAV frames. It's currently set unhealthy, so
most GPS devices won't show it yet, but it's definitely out there now.

I don't know if it's doing anything with L2C (or if it's sending CNAV
frames yet), mostly because I haven't finished writing my CNAV parser,
but I suspect it probably is.

Anyhow, from my LNAV parser:

GnssMeta: {
   Page: (uint8) 18,