[time-nuts] Dead 5061B

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 22:25:55 UTC 2019

Hello to the group.
A few years back Skip took apart a 5061 CS tube. Took the best pictures
with detail that has ever been posted. I really learned about the internal
details from his effort.
Tom kindly found the links re-posted here.

http://lists.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts_lists.febo.com/2016-October/083806.html

The entire thread is interesting:

http://lists.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts_lists.febo.com/2016-October/date.html#end

In a off thread email we discussed the possibility of reattaching the
ionizer. Please look at the ionizer picture and you will see why that will
not work. Unlike a classic light bulb with tight coils of filament and
droop for expansion and contraction the ionizer is a straight tight ribbon.
When it pops material gets vaporized or simply falls away. There is no
material to by chance reattach.

Granted there is nothing to lose by tinkering around its dead and in
reality thats what a Time-nut does.

The very best of luck to you Jim and though your CS may be dead its been
great to read others help and guidance.

Regards

Paul

WB8TSL