[time-nuts] Cold Rubidium over hyped?

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 01:18:16 UTC 2019

I think you are missing the key selling point of this device, namely
it's long term stability and accuracy of a few parts in 10^15. From my
point of view as a national timekeeper, this is much more useful than
good short term stability. UTC reporting is at 5 day intervals so what
the clock does at 1000 s is not so important. By the way, there is
another comparison with 12 NIST masers in the current brochure:
https://spectradynamics.com/product-sheets/cRb-Clock-2019.pdf
There are evidently two models of maser here ,which politely, they do
not identify.

Cheers
Michael