Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Thu Nov 14 19:01:26 UTC 2019

Paul,

To me it appears that "A" frame supporting half of the wire is a spring.
It only makes sense the designers would want some axial tension. The "A"
frame shape would supply axial load while providing excellent radial
stability in all directions. (If this isn't the case, why is that
support so thin???)

If you look close here, I think you'll see what I'm talking about:
http://www.rdrelectronics.com/skip/CS-tube/cstube7.jpg
Look close at the wire, both halves are no longer in the same plane, and
are no longer parallel.

Again, most likely not repairable due to the spring tension (or missing
wire!). That said, If it were my tube I'd have a hard time not wasting a
few hours with a capacitor and mallet. Nothing to loose but a little time!

Dan