[time-nuts] Antique pendulum clocks

Matthew D'Asaro medasaro at mit.edu
Thu Nov 21 03:46:11 UTC 2019

You are not the first to try this. The usual method for timing mechanical clocks is either acoustic (a microphone picks up the sound of the escapement) or optical (a sensor is blocked from light by the pendulum). The optical method is more accurate but more cumbersome to setup.

Matthew

Sent from Matthew D'Asaro's iPhone