[time-nuts] tracking position & orientation

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Nov 22 19:32:00 UTC 2019

>For millimeter-scale position determination, this sounds like a
>more difficult situation. The house is generally wood framing with
>some structural steel elements (not in useful locations). Position
>measurements would contain noise from the diurnal/seasonal changes
>of the house framing. Maybe that could be averaged out?

This is partly[1] why I'm doing the same exercise[2]:  I just built
a new house and it seems that nobody in Denmark knows how much the
wooden roof construction moves over a climatic year.

Poul-Henning

[1] The other part is that I cannot imagine a more relaxing hobby than
    "Watching continental drift in real time" :-)

[2] But only one antenna because Scandinavia has no noticeable rotation.