[time-nuts] Antique pendulum clocks

Philip Gladstone pjsg-timenuts at nospam.gladstonefamily.net
Fri Nov 22 16:20:00 UTC 2019

Thanks for these links. The Harrison clocks are amazing -- I saw them at
Greenwich some years ago. The Trinity reference also amuses me as that was
my college (quite a long time ago).

Back in the 60s, my father and his cousin were competing to produce
accurate pendulum clocks with accuracies of the order of a fraction of a
second per day. Invar pendulums, temperature and pressure compensation and
temperature controlled environments. Electromagnetic pulse drive. All built
with transistors... I wish that I could talk to them now....

Philip