[time-nuts] Effects on GPS antenna performance due to installation proximity of second antenna

JAMES ROBBINS jsrobbins at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 24 00:07:15 UTC 2019

I would appreciate feedback on the question of the ill effects (if any) of mounting two GPS antennas in proximity to one another. I am intending to mount a 58532A L1 antenna and a L1/L2 antenna on the same mast on my roof separated by around 1-2 feet. I have attached a photo to show the intended installation.  (Mast is clamped into the right side aluminum channel.) My concern is “shading” of one antenna over the other.  Thanks for the consult.

Jim Robbins
N1JR