[time-nuts] gpsdo 10MHz steering resolution

Mike Ingle finndmike62 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 08:34:58 UTC 2019

Hi all, this is my first post to the the list.  I am working on a time
stamped RF receiver system which can stamp at a fraction of a ps
resolution, with a jitter (1 sigma) of about 10ps.  I have been using a
truetime XL-AK Irig receiver as my 1pps and 10MHz references.
Unfortunately, the truetime 10MHz has strong spurs which my 1.5GHz PLL is
unhappy with, leading to spurs in my RF.  Can anyone recommend a good GPSDO
with sub millihertz steering?  For example, I bought a GPSDO from a ham
here in germany, and the 10MHz is pure, but has a step resolution of
0.2Hz.  I have attached the truetime 10MHz output.  best regard --mike

[image: IMG_0269.JPG]