[time-nuts] gpsdo 10MHz steering resolution

Mike Ingle finndmike62 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:54:00 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,  Thanks for your reply's.  The device is indeed in 50hz land
(germany).  I suspect you are right that it is 50 hz mains pickup.  A
little surprising since it is a "factory," as opposed to homemade unit.
But it is almost 20years old, so the caps may be dry, or it is just a bad
design.  I measured my DDS based signal generator output, and it was spur
free, so my spectrum analyzer and cabling is an unlikely culprit.  I had
been thinking along the lines of working from an OCXO, and fitting the PPS
to the stamped intervals, and assuming that the average interval is exactly
one second. The issue then will be OCXO changes vs number of averages from
the PPS.
I am on vacation till next week,  but I will change out the PSU on the
truetime (temporarily to my bench linear PSU) and move the internal cabling
around to see if the spur amplitudes change.

--mike