[time-nuts] John Fluke test equipment tutorial

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Nov 30 09:38:32 UTC 2019

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 12:01:56 -0600
Steven Sommars <stevesommarsntp at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti.html archived 2012 and earlier PTTI
> papers.  That site seems to be unavailable now, but the Internet Archive
> still holds copies.

On Magnus' request, I put my copy online. You can find it at
http://time.kinali.ch/ptti/

> Circa 2013 PTTI and ION merged, new papers are paywalled.

<rant>
And ION is the most *beep* publishing organisation I've ever seen.
Even if you are member, you get only 12 papers to download
per year. And apparently, they don't like giving universities
access either. So, publishing at PTTI has basically become
a black hole. As a scientist I have no incentive to publish
there, because nobody will be ever able to read my paper.
</rant>

			Attila Kinail

--
Science is made up of so many things that appear obvious
after they are explained. -- Pardot Kynes