[time-nuts] Jan-Derk's DDMTD

Jan-Derk Bakker jdbakker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 19:08:09 UTC 2019

Correction:

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 8:24 PM Jan-Derk Bakker <jdbakker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Especially with the addition of the LPF the simulator is showing quite
> literally unbelievably good performance (example: running the ZCD over
> 1/40th of the sine for an input signal of 0dBm/-10dBFS gives single digit
> femtosecond RMS errors).

That was indeed too good to be true. A case of me misreading my own log
file format: the RMS error is 0.0287 of a sample period, which at 100ksps
corresponds to 0.287 microseconds, or 287 femtoseconds at signal
frequencies for a 10Hz/10MHz DMTD. (Multiply by 10, not divide by 10...).

My apologies,

JDB.