[time-nuts] 5 Mhz to 10 Mhz and 25 Mhz

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Sep 8 23:22:45 UTC 2019

A frequency doubler and a frequency quintupler will be needed.

Options for the quintupler:

1) Convert to square wave and isolate the desired 25MHz output using filters. A bandpass filter is a poor choice if high phase stability is required. A high pass filter supplemented with series tuned shunt traps for the unwanted harmonics can provide higher phase stability

2) Wenzel's odd harmonic diode multiplier will also work:
http://techlib.com/files/RFDesign2.pdf

Options for the doubler

1) The NIST JFET based frequency doubler

2) A BJT based variant of the above

3) A diode based frequency doubler (full wave rectifier plus output filter)

Bruce