[time-nuts] GPS Antennas

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Mon Sep 9 15:19:28 UTC 2019

John,

Yes, I have a polyphaser in line.

Currently the antenna run is long, and I think it's the inductive pickup
from nearby strikes or cloud to cloud that's popping the antennas. I'm
looking at shortening the run. That will cost me the 360deg sky view
down to near 20deg, but at this point it may be worth it.

To everyone else following along,

The antenna is ordered. I'll start building a mount soon (to get it
above the snow line on that roof).  Hopefully be ready to hang it up
with one or two polyphasors in series as soon as the antenna arrives.
(Which reminds me, I need to verify the polyphasers will pass all the
new NAV signals.)

FYI, I see digikey stocks the sparkfun F9P boards. Only a $5 premium to
be able to add to an existing order.

Thanks,
Dan