[time-nuts] Hp10811 parts ref

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sun Sep 15 22:45:57 UTC 2019

One more LMx08 equivalent: the most obvious of all, the LT1008.  I
didn't think about it earlier because I assumed it would have been
discontinued long ago.

The LT1008 was designed specifically to upgrade LMx08 sockets, so it
uses Pin 8 for overcompensation -- just like the LMx08.  It is one
generation older than the LT1012/OP97, so its DC specs are not quite as
good as theirs' (but still *much* better than the LMx08).

If I were choosing an opamp for this type of circuit today, with a new
PC layout, I would use either the LT1012 or OP97.  On the other hand, if
I were fixing an HP10811 that had a defective U3, I'd use an LT1008 to
avoid the need to re-route any traces.

Best regards,

Charles