[time-nuts] A simple sampling DMTD

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Mon Sep 16 16:41:07 UTC 2019

   Hi Jan,

   this is precisely the instrument that is lacking at a hobbyist price.

   It would be excellent to have the possibility of measuring phase noise.

   Can you anticipate the features of the Sampling DMTD?

   Can it be used with Timelab?

   We are waiting for your new ones.

   Luciano

   Da "time-nuts" time-nuts-bounces at lists.febo.com
   A "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" time-nuts at lists.febo.com
   Cc
   Data Sat, 14 Sep 2019 14:25:48 +0200
   Oggetto Re: [time-nuts] A simple sampling DMTD
   Update: I have finished routing the board (placement diagram at
   http://www.lartmaker.nl/time-nuts/DMTD%20rev1.00%20assembly.pdf ) and
   ordered a few prototype PCBs.

   After the earlier discussions on the list I've grown sufficiently concerned
   about the impact of 1/f converter noise that I have added headers to the
   board to allow me to replace the D-flipflop sampler with an FPGA-based I/Q
   downconverter. While the main PCBs are in production I'll draw a simple
   daughterboard with dual ice40 UltraPlus FPGAs, If the FPGA solution turns
   out to be necessary (or a noticeable improvement), I'll redraw the main PCB.

   To be continued,

   JDB.