[time-nuts] overtone crystal question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Sep 19 17:05:02 UTC 2019

Hi

You “shape” the blank to trap energy on some crystals. Also the energy
distribution on the blank changes with overtone. You can change the electrodes
to get more of “what you want” and less of “what does not matter”. Plating thickness
also gets optimized based on overtone. There are a long list of other details ….

Bob