[time-nuts] Capturing NMEA and TICC timestamp data in time-correlated way?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 20 08:26:38 UTC 2019

stevesommarsntp at gmail.com said:
> Do people regularly characterize the arrival times of NMEA sentences at ~msec
> resolution?

On this list?  What sort of response were you expecting?

I'm interested in NMEA timing for use with NTP.

There are lots of low cost GPS units available.  Most use USB.  For timing,
USB is far from good.  For NMEA and USB, USB is usually not the limiting
factor.

Does anybody know of a low cost GPS unit with good timing on the serial port?
NMEA prefered, but other OK as long as it is documented.  That seems like the
sort of thing that should be widely publicized, but I can't think of any good
examples.

It would be fun to get graph with a hanging bridge from a GPS/USB device.  A
PPS should be good enough.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.