[time-nuts] Two types of GPDSO / Rubidium

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 07:29:37 UTC 2019

Tom,
I know you are absolutely right.  When I buy from eBay, I have no idea where they came from.  Reject pile, junk yard, or pristine clean room.  Unfortunately, I can afford up to certain amount.  I have lots of PRS10 but their origin is unknown.  Even if I buy 5065A, origin will be unknown and so as condition.  Recently, I called around local cal-lab to see who can help me validate these devices.  No one could.  I'm very tempted to buy T-bolt or PRS10 new but at $1500, it's quite hefty.  I may just have to.
I'm at learn as much as I can stage.  I have a Cesium but it's old.  4040/A  I have no idea how it was used or stored.  It would be nice to have one known good standard.  The best I can do for now is my array of GPSDOs.  (from unknown sources)

(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG