[time-nuts] Fine freq control glass capacitor for Sulzer 2.5/5A?

AC0XU (Jim) James.Schatzman at ac0xu.com
Sat Sep 28 15:13:42 UTC 2019

I am looking for a replacement for C3, the fine frequency control capacitor for a Sulzer 5A. In the model 2.5A, this seems to have a special Sulzer part number (2.5-MP4); the actual capacitor in a model 5A is a modification of the JFD VCJ14.  Unfortunately, this glass piston capacitor is slightly smaller in diameter (5.5mm) than currently manufactured caps (6.3mm), and I haven;t been able to find the VCJ14 anywhere. Any suggestions?

Also, although I have the instruction manual for the 2.5 (which includes schematics and parts lists) I haven't found the 5A manual. Any suggestions there?

Thanks- Jim