[time-nuts] Phase measurement of my GPSDO

Tobias Pluess tpluess at ieee.org
Fri Apr 3 09:13:49 UTC 2020

hi John

yes I know the DMTD method, and indeed I am planing to build my own DMTD
system, something similar to the "Small DMTD system" published by Riley (
https://www.wriley.com/A Small DMTD System.pdf).
However I am unsure whether that will help much in this case, because all
what the DMTD does is to mix the 10MHz signals down to some 1Hz Signal or
so which can be measured more easily, and I already have 1Hz signals (the
1PPS) which I am comparing.
Or do you suggest to use the DMTD and use a higher frequency at its
outputs, say 10Hz or so, and then average for 10 samples  to increase the
resolution?

Thanks
Tobias
HB9FSX