[time-nuts] Phase measurement of my GPSDO

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat Apr 4 00:00:14 UTC 2020

Tobias

That would certainly work for a start and have a better performance that a counter front end.
The performance can be estimated using the tools at the link Bob provided.
Lower noise opamps will improve the performance somewhat.
A wider bandwidth opamp with a higher slew rate may be useful for the final stage of a Collins style zero crossing  detector.
The RPD series of phase detectors will have better performance than the TUF-1.
For the ultimate performance at low offset frequencies one can build a mixer using diode connected BJTs as NIST have done.

Bruce