[time-nuts] Buffer amplifier, OP Amp, vs MMIC, vs discrete?

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Sat Apr 4 10:02:30 UTC 2020

If you look at the way the power is supplied to and output is taken from an MMIC there's no way that I can see that they could go all the way to DC as there's always a capacitor in the output ...

I got all excited a while back when I considered an MMIC for a project because the spec said DC-xGHz.   Sadly the specified circuit for using it meant there's no way it could get the DC, though a large output capacitor in parallel with a RF cap would allow audio to GHz.   Hmmm where did I leave the 1 MegaFarad capacitor.

D.