[time-nuts] LightSquared is back now called Ligado

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 20:37:51 UTC 2020

That was +9.8 on the terrrestrial microcell transmitters,

Yes this seems to have been sold with the assurance that the magic brickwall filters with 100db/octave slope will be included in every one.

But the asian manufacturer of said devices will neglect to include them.... and juice the power a wee bit to say +23...

Of course this will hose every GPS system for miles around and for those of us who fly our multi thousand investment in ADS-B will be rendered useless as the ADS-B still uses L1.    In our club’s Cessna 172 the new ADS-B in/out compliant radio stack was 20,000 as we are close to a lot of controlled airspace.

  I dropped a note to AOPA on this.   Because remember the entire airway system is now supposed to be managed by aircraft exchanging position, bearing altitude and rate of climb dynamically to each other and ground stations instead of todays radar based system.

And say goodbye to our GPSDO’s