[time-nuts] GPSDO advice

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 24 20:20:43 UTC 2020

Hi

> On Apr 24, 2020, at 3:52 PM, Wes <wes at triconet.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> Honestly, I don't have any particular holdover requirements in mind, just that it has some :-)  This is just one of those nutty things.  You must understand.
>
> Wes  N7WS

Ok, so what does the current setup do that you are not impressed by? I’m
asking mainly because a *lot* of this is a “make one thing worse to make
another thing better” kind of process. Very accurate time ( = very close to
the GNSS timestamp) is directly opposed to clean frequency. A box that is
“better” for time likely is “worse” for frequency. ( yes, some are pretty bad
at both …).

A SRS 740 with the Rb option is one of the alternatives….. Pricing for all
the options is on their web site.

Bob