[time-nuts] NTP server using an OCXO, GPS chip and Raspberry Pi

Andreas Kempe kempe at lysator.liu.se
Fri Apr 24 20:38:02 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 04:22:46PM -0400, Bob kb8tq wrote:

> Hi

Hello Bob,

> Assuming you can get a good sky view for the GPS / GNSS device, that’s about
> all you need. Feed it into whatever computer you decide to use and move on. The
> OCXO is simply a power hungry “non contributor” in this case.

The reason for wanting the crystal is that I'd like the time to keep
if we were to lose the GPS signal. I was thinking that an external
oscillator would be better than the one in the GPS module in the
case of a lost signal (as a side note, I just thought it would be fun
to design the circuit). Maybe that is an incorrect assumption?

Cordially,
Andreas Kempe