[time-nuts] Battery for ESE 911 GPS Receiver/Clock

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Tue Apr 28 18:08:35 UTC 2020

For a DIY Solution, the battery cells need to be Rechargable.  Battery chemistry and charging voltage/current present is a different discussion/decision.

4 battery cells would be wired in SERIES.
Voltage = 4 times voltage of single cell (1.5V) = 4 x 1.5 V = 6 Volts
Current = current (mA/hour or A/hour) of single cell.
https://learn.adafruit.com/all-about-batteries/power-capacity-and-power-capability

BATTERY UNIVERSITY
Serial and Parallel Battery Configurations
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/serial_and_parallel_battery_configurations

Since Rechargable Batteries have LESS mAh capacity than Alkaline or other throw-away batteries, Four (4) “AA” cells in series could be disappointing, while four (4)” C” cells in series would offer better capacity.

gb
Sent from iPad Air