[time-nuts] GPS antenna splitter recommendation? (John Ackermann N8UR)

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Thu Apr 30 17:50:49 UTC 2020

I was lucky. I was looking for a GPS splitter a few months ago. Since I
wasn't in a big hurry I had the luxury of time to hunt. I picked up a
GPS Networking LNFA1X4-N for under $50. File that success under even a
blind squirrel sometimes finds an acorn. It is an active splitter that
provides just enough gain to overcome the splitter losses. It can accept
DC power for itself and for pass through to an active GPS antenna from
any of the four receiver ports without back feeding voltage to receivers
on other ports.

I was concerned that this splitter and my Symmetricom 58532A antenna
wouldn't operate if all of my receivers were 3.3V but both seem to work
perfectly well with either 3.3V or 5V.

Paul, N1BUG