[time-nuts] Help with BG7TBL 2015-07-08 GPSDO

Gary Woods garygarlic at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 1 16:41:13 UTC 2020

I can't seem to get Lady Heather to talk to it, though I don't get the
"no radio" message when the DB9 cable is plugged into the unit.
Contains:
Ublox LEA-ST-0-002 receiver
Oscilloquartz OCXO 8863-XS  oscillator
The RS-232 interface is a MAX3232 chip.
I can see data sent when LH starts up on an RS-232 tester in the line;
next step perhaps to scope transmit data in/out on the MAX3232.

Does this box send anything on power up?
Any known "gotchas" with it?

Antenna seems good; no warning LED when it's connected, and after
warmup Sys Lock LED is on solid.
I'm mostly using the 10mHz output to clock an ancient kit-built Davis
counter for Ham radio stuff, so not anywhere near the levels of
time-nuttery I see here.

TIA,