[time-nuts] Fake new LPRO 101 Rb's on Ebay?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Feb 4 07:35:10 UTC 2020

--------
In message <1626784396.61618.1580801360408 at mail.yahoo.com>, Perry Sandeen via t
ime-nuts writes:

>In all seriousness, can the coronavirus be transmitted in gear we
>buy from China or does it require a living host for spreading?

Very few vira can survive 14 days, and for all we know at present
that time is sufficient to desinfect 2019-nCov, and to detect any
infections.

A few specialized infectious agents have the ability to produce
"spores" which can survive for *long* periods of time, and then
revive on contact with humidity.  The best known example is Anthrax.