[time-nuts] Fake new LPRO 101 Rb's on Ebay?

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 11:10:57 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 5:55 PM Clint Jay <cjaysharp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actinic short wavelength UV light, the same stuff you use to erase EPROMs
> or sterilise scissors, pond or aquarium water will do the job but, a little
> perspective, there are 1.386 billion people in China and fewer than 21,000
> confirmed cases of coronavirus, fewer than 500 deaths since the outbreak
> began, thus far more people have died from seasonal flu today alone.

Thank you.

The figures for the US, for this winter season, from "seasonal flu", stand
at a quarter of a million hospitalisations, and about 20,000 deaths.  This
is the "normal" flu.  Please note that the number of deaths is constantly
being revised upwards for any particular week, as reports come in for cause
of death.

If the 500 deaths so far in China had occurred within the USA, during
January, they might not be detectable in the background.

Further (updated) figures here:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

I am in Singapore, 3500km from Wuhan (about Chicago to Tijuana), and the
panic here is hard to describe.  Restaurants with three hour waiting on
weekends have empty tables.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane