[time-nuts] Fake new LPRO 101 Rb's on Ebay?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 4 14:35:32 UTC 2020

On 2/4/20 1:34 AM, Christoph Kopetzky wrote:
> Ah OK, now I found the other offers... OK China...
> Sorry for my quick first answer.
> I agree with Esa. Ozone is a good method for contact-free desinfecting
> goods. The other alternative will be UV light. But
> ozone is much better.

Ladies and gentlemen, Ozone is terrible for any sort of elastomer or
polymer. It's highly reactive, etc.  They use it purify water, but
that's a sort of special case - you want the pathogens to be broken. You
don't want sealing materials and polymer packages degrading

(for what it's worth UV also tends to break things down)

Quarantine would be a better bet.

I suppose you could do Ethylene Oxide (which works at lower temperatures
and is less reactive than Ozone)

Viruses do not survive without a host. The common cold survives the
longest, as much as 7 days, but most die within 24 hours. Hard surfaces
(like your equipment) support the longest life.

Viruses don't form spores (Anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) is a bacteria,
as is Botulism( Clostridium botulinum))

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6282993

J Infect Dis. 1982 Jul;146(1):47-51.
Survival of influenza viruses on environmental surfaces.
Bean B, Moore BM, Sterner B, Peterson LR, Gerding DN, Balfour HH Jr.