Andre Andre at Lanoe.net
Tue Feb 4 11:05:59 UTC 2020

Re. "fake" LPRO 101 Rb's

Not convinced. Some of these are refurbished and actually half decent.
I just got due to a shipping error a dual oven OCXO which is very well built though using NOS parts.

Re. coronavirus, it appears that once the particles have dried out they are essentially non infectious though its worth
mentioning that ambient conditions seem to have an effect due to humidity and UV light. This is incidentally why colds seem to
spread more easily in the winter.

(snip)

Yo Bubba Dudes!,
There are two vendors on Ebay selling *new* LPRO 101 Rb's for around $160 each, with discounts for larger purchases.? The general price of a used LPRO seems to be in the $250 to $350 range.? Anybody have any ideas?? (Discount for coronavirus?)
In all seriousness, can the coronavirus be transmitted in gear we buy from China or does it require a living host for spreading?

Regards,
Perrier

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 07:35:10 +0000
From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
        <time-nuts at lists.febo.com>
Cc: Perry Sandeen <sandeenpa at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Fake new LPRO 101 Rb's on Ebay?

--------
In message <1626784396.61618.1580801360408 at mail.yahoo.com>, Perry Sandeen via t
ime-nuts writes:

>In all seriousness, can the coronavirus be transmitted in gear we
>buy from China or does it require a living host for spreading?

Very few vira can survive 14 days, and for all we know at present
that time is sufficient to desinfect 2019-nCov, and to detect any
infections.

A few specialized infectious agents have the ability to produce
"spores" which can survive for *long* periods of time, and then
revive on contact with humidity.  The best known example is Anthrax.

--

/"//Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by
respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support

TT

> Get an ozone generator and put the contaminated gear to some closed
> compartment with it. Turn on the generator and let it be for 15
> minutes. No more any viruses, bacteria or mold there... so it's easy!

(Actually a germicidal LED on a small rotary motor would do the job. These are in the 230
to 315nm range and are used in water sterilizers etc. The ones in nail curing lamps aren't
 good enough though you may luck out and find a few good diodes that can be repurposed!)