[time-nuts] Ublox timepulse

Markus Kleinhenz Markus.Kleinhenz at izt-labs.de
Tue Feb 4 12:36:16 UTC 2020

Hi Christophe,

after having a quick look at the Ublox Protocol Spec. and testing on a
M8T it seems the only solution will incorporate some parsing of messages.

The UBX-CFG-TP5 message allows for a user delay but only about +-2s and
an alignment to top of second.

You could however parse the UBX-TIM-TP Messages which are sent several
100ms before the next TIMEPULSE and contain the corresponding timestamp
which could be checked for minute alignment.

If GPS connection is expected to be stable you could set the module to
1PPS until the next pulse is to be minute aligned and then switch to
1PPM before the pulse is actually triggered.

Regards

Markus