[time-nuts] Using a common power supply among few time standards

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Feb 8 17:43:39 UTC 2020

Hi

Grab your DVM and take a look at the voltage on the input caps on one of those
supplies as compared to the output voltage. With light loads (which is how most
use them …) the voltage ratio is pretty high. As a result, the efficiency is not as
good as it could be.

The Acopian versions that come fully enclosed are no more efficient, but are nicely
protected from “stuff". Like the rest, they can be found on eBay for not a lot of money ….

Bob