[time-nuts] eLoran

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 22:55:38 UTC 2020

That really is exciting. Hmmmm hope the testing goes well.
A comment. When ursanav was heavily testing 2013 region I had one of there
stations here along with a HP5071 Cesium. They obtained data, I obtained
serious fun.
But what is very interesting is the LORAN antenna is no larger than some of
the old GPS cone shape antennas.
It was not fed with coax but 2 X twisted  shielded pair. The antenna was
active. With two elements. The receiver was a 1RU box with a lot of space
in it. All processing was done digitally. This solution along with the
eLORAN signal could easily lock within cement and steel office buildings as
tested and demonstrated. With todays ever more powerful processing the core
might be the size of a cigarette pack as a guess.
Back in the archives one of the Time-nuts had created a DSP LORAN receiver.
Its fair to say that solution might be reused with the new signal.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL