[time-nuts] Using a common power supply among few time standards

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Feb 13 12:58:06 UTC 2020

Hi

Unless there is something wrong with the linear supply, it will produce heat
proportional to the output load. They all have very low “parasitic” current in the
control circuits.

A unit with a damaged transformer or bad caps *can* indeed heat up with no
load. In that case, it needs to be repaired.

Bob